Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Nanny,

I think the good thing about raising kids from infancy is that they can't remember or tell you if you did something wrong while figuring it out. On the other hand if you begin to nanny some really bright pair of kids (six and eight years old), they have no problem pointing out your dificiancies. 1. It does take more than two minutes to leave the house with kids in tow. 2. of all my Wii and x-box games, none of them are appropriate (while playing the Skate game it told them "that was a sweet ass move") 3. white or wheat bread does make a huge difference on PBJ's 4. While one kid is in gymnastics, it's a bad idea to get the other ice cream to kill time (something about fairness when the ice cream is bragged about) 5. it's harder than originally imagined to stay busy for a few hours (when attention spans are considerably shorter) 6. all the games I remember from being young have new rules 7. "I can have mac-n-cheese as often as I want to", may not be a true statement. 8. for swim class, I should remember to bring the swim bag. 9. Trail mix is not the best snack (you end up with a lot of nuts and raisins and no M&M's) 10. my cat giving me pleading eyes while being carried everywhere is obviously synonymous with " your cat really loves me Emily" 11. I have a lot to learn.

5 comments:

M said...

LMAO!

Rice Family said...

..me too! (to m's comment!) :) been there! minus the cat.

erin said...

Lol, I'd make this list about Megan's kids, but she'd probably cringe. Hehe.

Jaime said...

This is too fuuny! I can relate. Nice blog :)

erin said...

Hehehe. I read this again, but it's been long enough that it's funny again. ;)