Monday, March 7, 2011

Humans were never meant to hibernate

I've been riding for a while (snowboarding) and I really just realized this season that I was doing it as a personal challenge more than for the fun. I am too analytical. Every ride was about improvement and form and making myself push on the bubble that is my comfort zone. This last week is I think the first time in, well forever, that I really understood what 'living in the moment meant' . It means letting go. It means embrace the present. It means don't worry about what you just did or what you are about to do. It means ride life. I don't 'let go' easily but it is my new goal. Yesterday was a powder-diamond snow-white room turns-float in the air becuase you land on clouds-sunbeam chase in the trees, kind of day. Couldn't ask for better. How aften do you do something that you just really and truly can't help shouting for joy?

4 comments:

Rice Family said...

I could use a moment worth shouting for joy...its been awhile! Just smiles of joy for now...I love you, sister.

erin said...

Did you "Wahoo'?

Cuz I'm pretty sure it sounded like a Wahoo kind of day.

Positive Thoughts said...

See the power of positive thinking within you. Follow my blog and read interesting posts. God bless you. Positive Thoughts

Jessica said...

Congrats on letting go. I have problems with that myself.

I found your blog on random and thought I would leave you some comments. Have a great day!