Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Think a little bit more...

Has anyone been watching this plan from Obama's administrations about the NASA proposed changes (Obama Calls for End to... New York Times)? This one really drives me crazy! Often the knowledge of the general public is astoundingly short sighted. This is calling for a stop to the program (plans, construction, shuttles, and all) of our having manned missions to space (more directly the moon). Instead the funds and minds of NASA will be directed elsewhere for new technology and science. IT IS ABOUT TIME! We have so many projects we already have the theories to back and just need the finance and minds directed that way. I don't want to rant... I'll limit myself.

Most of the articles and things you find on the topic are filled to overflowing with people talking about the senitmental reasons for us (Americans) to have this program. There are so many things wrong with almost all of these arguments! We have been to the moon and won't gain much of anything doing it again right now. The space craft do not have to be manned. We will progress so much more with research than practicing what we have already done. It will not make it so we can colonize Mars! Flying outdated old technology is not going to gain us more respect from other nations than some of the mind blowing science we are prepared to do.

I'm ranting. Sorry. People are crazy. There are some valid concerns for the change, but they are not the concerns that I can fiind anyone talking about. I say it is not only a great plan but that it is too bad no one made it happen sooner.

1 comments:

Rice Family said...

HA! I didn't know this was one of the current issues, however I do recall just a while back J, Justi and I were all discussing how much money we waste there! I agree with you 100%! that is great.